DanceBlue 2021: What You Need to Know
LEXINGTON, Ky. (April 5, 2021) — On April 10, 2021, DanceBlue is hosting a marathon like no other. DanceBlue 2021’s exciting virtual format offers a new form of accessibility for the audience and dancers. Here’s what you need to know:
DanceBlue 2021 will be held from 11 a.m.–8 p.m., April 10, 2021. The detailed schedule of events is listed below.
11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Line dance teaching on the Zoom livestream
- This is for dancers only! The audience can join the Facebook Livestream at 1 p.m.
1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Programming hours in Zoom rooms
- This is also for dancers only.
Facebook livestream for DanceBlue supporters to watch
- All DanceBlue supporters are invited to join. This will serve as what is usually the crowd component of the marathon. You can access it by going to DanceBlue’s Facebook page. It will include interviews with various committee members, videos, fundraising challenges, peeks into the programming hours, and more.
4:30 p.m.-6 p.m.
- The only activities during this break will be posts on social media.
6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Everyone is welcome. Dancers, go to the Zoom livestream on the Marathon tab of the DanceBlue website. DanceBlue supporters, go to the Facebook livestream. This time will include the family speakers, the memorial video, the awards, and the total of how much DanceBlue has fundraised this year, so you don’t want to miss it!
If you are participating in the DanceBlue 2021 Virtual Dance Marathon, you are asked to comply with all UK COVID-19 Safety Guidelines outlined by the university. Let’s stay healthy FTK!
On Marathon day, the Marathon tab on the DanceBlue website will have the link to the inspiration tent videos (for anyone to watch), the link to the DanceBluetique (which will relaunch with new merchandise at 8 a.m. that day), and the links to the Zoom rooms or any other features participants may need.
To keep up with DanceBlue 2021 on Marathon day, head to www.danceblue.org or follow on social media: Facebook – @DanceBlue, Twitter - @ukdanceblue, TikTok - @ukdanceblue, and Instagram - @uk_danceblue! For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DanceBlue is the University of Kentucky's dance marathon that benefits the Golden Matrix Fund. The DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic opened its brand-new facility in 2017 after a complete renovation funded solely from DanceBlue. For more information about DanceBlue, registration information or to support its efforts, please visit www.danceblue.org. Connect with DanceBlue on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.